Skip to main content

Planes, trains, and automobiles... but...

After a flight from Chicago to Charlotte,  a walk through an airport in a new city to a new terminal, a flight from NC to Orlando, and a ride from a very sweet roommate to our hotel... I finally made it to disney property!  It was a very long day of traveling that was physically and emotionally exhausting. It started with snow on the ground and below freezing temperatures and ended with palm trees and 60's. After getting to the airport the roommates met downtown Disney for dinner,  very relaxed and a good way to put faces to names after only talking via Facebook for a few months. 
Today,  Monday,  we officially checked in. That process started early this morning and seemed to go on forever. The rest of the week consists of Casting, Housing meeting (picture of my apartment below), and finally traditions where I will officially get my name tag and id!!
The past two days have been exhausting, and the week is far from over. The change was rough, and I'm not expecting to wake up and everything be perfect. Since CJ, change and I dont do well together. So, I'm taking my time adjusting, talking to friends and family almost all day long, and waiting for the day I start working. Yes, I just said that. The scheduled life will be very welcomed, it keeps me busy and from thinking too much about silly things.
Until next time... do something good for someone least expecting it...  and #doitforCJ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"What do you actually do all day?!"

No matter who I talk to at home I get the same question... "What do you actually do all day?!" Before I left all anyone knew was that I was working at an attraction, which seems self explanatory. You would think that saying "I work at The Seas with Nemo and Friends would be a sufficient answer, that someone would piece together that there is a ride there and that I help to operate the ride all day long. But, it isn't that simple. Bear with me here, all my "Nemo terms" are going to have to be explained so this post could end up being rather lengthy, which is not my intention. Here we go, a day in the life.... (my first official day, on my own) Woke up at 7am to be ready for a 7:40 bus. Should I have been up earlier? Yes. Did the previous days 5:15am wake up call keep me in bed longer than I wanted? Yes. But, made the bus. Take the bus to Epcot Cast Center (backstage Epcot - anything that guests can see is considered on stage, so everything you cant see/ge

Decisions.

Some of the toughest decisions are those where we have to decide if we should stay or walk away from a situation. It's never an easy decision to make, but sometimes it's the best thing for you. After my junior year of NCAA soccer I was faced with decision of whether or not I wanted to continue my career. After two solid seasons in the net I found myself on the bench my entire jr year until the very last game, which was ultimately more of a slap in the face than anything. Like "hey we aren't going to make tournament unless we win this game against the best team in the conference who also happens to be top 10 in the nation. No pressure." I was disappointed in myself after that game, and hung my head ashamed that I didn't make a difference that season. I beat myself up all season long about not being on the field. I felt guilty after a loss, but I wasn't even the one on the field. But that's where I had to stop myself. I couldn't throw a pity party,

Birthdays

I'm really good at stirring the pot. Really good. So... grab your coffee/beer/wine/water/apple juice... whatever the H E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS you want to fill your cup with, buckle up, and enjoy the ride. Last week we celebrated Christian's first birthday. Notice I said celebrated. I did not say mourned, forgot, overlooked, disregarded, or neglected. We did not ignore that we have a brother/son. We lite candles and hung the star lights from his nursery on the porch the night before his birthday and the day of we took him balloons and spent the day together. Had his physical presence been her with us we would have celebrated the exact same way. Celebrated. Together. Being a newb (newbie) to this whole baby brother in heaven thing, I didn't know what to expect for his first birthday. Would people acknowledge that it was the day he was born? Or would they continue to overlook that I have a brother. Now, let me explain. The past year has been full of saying CJ's name. A