Skip to main content

Messages from God.

God works in mysterious ways. I think we all can agree on that and that we will never understand his ways. This week I was faced with one of those moments. When you work strollers you have a lot of time to think. Occasionally people have a question on how to get to something, but the majority of the time is spent moving strollers so they are in good show and thinking. One day this week I was day dreaming while working strollers, thinking about CJ and what he would be doing at almost 9 months old. A little girl and her grandma approached the strollers parking lot and grandma began to gather their things. The little girl stopped and told me how she met Mickey Mouse and gave him a kiss on the nose, she met Donald, the Easter Bunny came to her school, the Easter Bunny brought her 22 Easter eggs and lots of candy because she went to sleep early that night ... typical 4 year old rambling. But then she made my heart stop. She looked around and then looked up to me and said "I know God". Her grandma immediately stepped over and I had to tell her it was okay. I crouched down and asked how she knew God and she told me that he was in the sky with all the other angels, like her dog who just died, and that God takes care of all the angels for us so we don't have to worry about them. Let the tears start flowing! All I could do was give her big hug and tell her she was right. This little girl had no idea what I was thinking about, has probably been fed that idea multiple times since her dog died, but picked me of all people in the park to share it with. She had no idea how much it would impact me, but for some reason she felt the need to share it. It was a message from God, I'm sure of it. CJ is okay, he's with me everyday and he's waiting for me on the other side of the gates.

ONE full work week left. That's it. And then 3 days the following week, a "graduation" party with Mickey and Minnie and my program is over. Just like that. It's been one hell of a ride but I can't wait to cuddle my puppy and sleep in my own room. Until another little kid does something worth talking about... I challenge you to reach out to my family this week. Instead of making us the center of your conversation, why not have a conversation with one of us? Ask us how we are, listen, laugh, maybe share a few tears. But please for the love of all things Holy stop talking about us and "giving us space". We're the same people we we're before... we just have more of a story to share now. If reaching out to us seems too hard... reach out to someone you haven't talked to in awhile, tell them you love them, and say a prayer for them. You don't know what battles people are hiding behind sunglasses and smiles. When you do..... #doitforCJ.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Easter!

If someone showed you a picture of Celine Dion would you be able to recognize it was her? More than likely if you are from a younger generation you wouldn't be able to. But if someone played one of her songs, you could probably guess it was her. If she walked right past you in Disney World you probably would have missed her too. Like a normal person, walking right at me, was Celine Dion. How I realized it was her is beyond me. I didn't believe it was her until I went upstairs and asked if she was in the building. Didn't exchange any words, but a sighting is good enough. How many people can say they saw Celine Dion while they were at work? Kids continue to say the strangest things.... In a Turtle Talk show (of course, where else would such a story come from?) a little girl asked Crush if he was going to eat one of his friends which one would he pick. Morbid. What child thinks of this? Crush of course said none because fish are friends not food, and then asked the same ques

Dear CJ...

Dear CJ, Hiya baby brother! Hope you're running around causing havoc in heaven. I'm sure your laughing until your belly hurts now that Joan and Robin are up there with you. I would give anything to be with you but until then I need to ask a favor...  The holidays are coming and for any family with someone newly in heaven that can be rough. I need you to remind your family that our hearts will be heavy. Sure, it's been a year but no amount of time can take away the hurt we feel. We will always miss you and the holidays will never quite be right without you. Remind them to be gentle. Remind them to acknowledge you, hearing your name is SO much better than feeling like you are forgotten. We don't need another Christmas like last year.  I start a new job next week, keep me motivated to work and go to school full time. Dreams only become a reality if you work towards them and the cards have finally fallen in the right way to start making that happen. When it see

Wrapping Up Week Two

I've been here for almost two weeks now and have a new meaning to the word exhausted. Exhausted as a Disney guest and exhausted as a Disney cast member are two totally different things. Exhausted taking on a whole new meaning today. This week I had training all week for The Seas with Nemo and Friends. I cannot tell you how ecstatic I was to learn that I would be working in The Seas. I am a huge Nemo fan, so to spend my days with Nemo, Crush and Dory is just prime. My favorite part, so far, of working The Seas is working Turtle Talk with Crush. If you haven't seen this show I highly recommend it! Its an interactive show with non other than Crush the turtle. Its very adorable, and so much fun. Seeing little kids faces when they get the chance to ask Crush a question is just priceless. Definitely my favorite part of the day. Other than that I work the ride. Don't ya feel safe? Ride ops is in MY control :) Its a blast and I work with some pretty awesome people. Not to men