Skip to main content

Angel Sightings

 A year ago today we were sitting in a room full of baby things that were graciously gifted during Mom's baby shower. Tonight i'm physically and emotionally exhausted but feeling the presence of my little brother.

After a fun day at the water park with my family and sister's closest friends I ran to grab pizzas for everyone. Was in and out of the store in record time and driving back home. I turned to check my blind spot (which is massive because I was driving our monster of a van) and in the seat sat a little boy, a toddler, who gave me the biggest smile. Now before anyone gets the wrong idea... physically there was no little boy there. I did not drive off with some strange little boy in my back seat. There was however some sort of presence. I can't describe what I felt when I looked back but I can tell you I have felt it before. A few months ago I rolled over in bed and in the reflection of the mirror on the wall where usually my cowboy hat and jewelry box sit with anything that has collected over the last few days was my cowboy hat... but it was on the head of a little boy, toddler age, who was standing on the chest right there. When I rolled back over... he was gone. Considering it's not the first time a little boy has appeared... I've ruled out that the heat got to me today. I firmly believe that my little angel of a brother is making appearances when I need them most.

Today was rough. I woke up knowing it was August 3rd and immediately realizing how different this day was from last year.. Last year I was consumed all day in baby shower shenanigans. This year I sat in a lawn chair and occasionally covered my face with my hat to let a few tears fall. Last year I was so excited to meet my little brother in a few weeks. Today I was dreading the upcoming dates because I don't want to relive them. Today was the first of many hard days to come this month.

There is no book on how to go about this situation. I would have read it already if there was. There is no support group for siblings who lose siblings. I would be apart of it if there was. There is no right or wrong way to go about the next few weeks... so bear with me while I get angry over the little things, hide in the basement because I don't want people to see me upset, and simply act "differently" than usual. I'm trying to figure this out. One crappy memory at a time, i'm trying.

Tomorrow I'll pay the little man a visit and explain to him that angel sightings are a good thing, and I welcome them with open arms... ESPECIALLY if the angel is him... but better timing would be appreciated :) Looking over my shoulder to switch lanes... probably not the best time! Until next time... bear with me. Rocky roads are ahead. Send some love to someone who needs it this week and when you do.... #doitforCJ

One year ago today this was my reality. Don't take a single moment for granted. Life changes in a heart beat.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"What do you actually do all day?!"

No matter who I talk to at home I get the same question... "What do you actually do all day?!" Before I left all anyone knew was that I was working at an attraction, which seems self explanatory. You would think that saying "I work at The Seas with Nemo and Friends would be a sufficient answer, that someone would piece together that there is a ride there and that I help to operate the ride all day long. But, it isn't that simple. Bear with me here, all my "Nemo terms" are going to have to be explained so this post could end up being rather lengthy, which is not my intention. Here we go, a day in the life.... (my first official day, on my own) Woke up at 7am to be ready for a 7:40 bus. Should I have been up earlier? Yes. Did the previous days 5:15am wake up call keep me in bed longer than I wanted? Yes. But, made the bus. Take the bus to Epcot Cast Center (backstage Epcot - anything that guests can see is considered on stage, so everything you cant see/ge

Decisions.

Some of the toughest decisions are those where we have to decide if we should stay or walk away from a situation. It's never an easy decision to make, but sometimes it's the best thing for you. After my junior year of NCAA soccer I was faced with decision of whether or not I wanted to continue my career. After two solid seasons in the net I found myself on the bench my entire jr year until the very last game, which was ultimately more of a slap in the face than anything. Like "hey we aren't going to make tournament unless we win this game against the best team in the conference who also happens to be top 10 in the nation. No pressure." I was disappointed in myself after that game, and hung my head ashamed that I didn't make a difference that season. I beat myself up all season long about not being on the field. I felt guilty after a loss, but I wasn't even the one on the field. But that's where I had to stop myself. I couldn't throw a pity party,

Birthdays

I'm really good at stirring the pot. Really good. So... grab your coffee/beer/wine/water/apple juice... whatever the H E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS you want to fill your cup with, buckle up, and enjoy the ride. Last week we celebrated Christian's first birthday. Notice I said celebrated. I did not say mourned, forgot, overlooked, disregarded, or neglected. We did not ignore that we have a brother/son. We lite candles and hung the star lights from his nursery on the porch the night before his birthday and the day of we took him balloons and spent the day together. Had his physical presence been her with us we would have celebrated the exact same way. Celebrated. Together. Being a newb (newbie) to this whole baby brother in heaven thing, I didn't know what to expect for his first birthday. Would people acknowledge that it was the day he was born? Or would they continue to overlook that I have a brother. Now, let me explain. The past year has been full of saying CJ's name. A