Skip to main content

Still Working And Playing in WDW

With dinner cooking, laundry going, and a cold beer next to me.. it seems like a good time to put words to paper.... or webpage? The past three weeks have gone by super fast, its like I blinked and my parents were here and gone. Had a pretty sweet vacation with them while they were here that took us through all 4 Disney parks and downtown Disney in a crazy five days and landed us on the beach for an afternoon. It was a visit that was perfect but was far too quick. As soon as they left I was back in routine, getting ready for work the next day and the week ahead. Because my Mom is kick-ass I have a freezer full of meals that will probably last me through the month... yay for home-cooked food from momma during the part of the program that seems the hardest.




Now, let me explain that last sentence. I was NOT homesick until I saw my parents and realized that I only had 40 something days left here. 40 days is nothing, its less than two months. But, its everything when the only place you want to be is home. Don't get me wrong, I love it here. I LOVE what I am doing. And I would stay in a heart beat if my family was closer and I was finished with school. BUT my life revolves around my family and I only have a year left of school, so I have to suck it up and go back to get that magical piece of paper. . Even when I was at school, I went home almost every weekend when I could because all I want is to curl up on the couch with my puppy, a coffee table full of junk food, and all other couch seats occupied by my favorite people with a movie on the TV. Those are the nights I live for. So yes, this will be the longest part of the program.




On to my favorite part of the night.... the ranting. Except I'm quite shaken that this is what I have to rant about.....My family suffered a major loss this last year. One that is taking some time for all of us to figure out. Each day brings a new battle, and so far we have proved to conquer them. One day at a time we are getting through. And much of that is thanks to the kind words that we receive from many of you. Your words, messages, and prayers are felt, heard, and read and they push us to keep going. I can honestly say I received messages shortly after from people who I never expected to reach out to me. And for that I am forever grateful. But what hurts is that we have to hear from others that people are talking about us. And not in a good way. They aren't sharing the love from CJ that we are striving so hard to share with the world. Nope, they are talking crap. Because we haven't experienced enough, we have people who think we are being dramatic and attention seeking. It's not at all true. We aren't looking for attention and we certainly aren't being dramatic. Until you have held a lifeless baby.... you have no room to throw things around about us and what we are going through. Life is hard enough without your cruel words. So please, leave the negative words at the door and spread the love that Christian brought into our lives. Because that's all we are trying to do.


Now, on that note. Share the love this week! That nasty, negative comment/gossip you are about to throw around... what is that person actually going through? Do they really need that extra negativity in their life? Instead, smile at a stranger. I do it daily and the reaction is priceless. A smile can change a persons whole day. When you share an act of love this week........ #doitforCJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"What do you actually do all day?!"

No matter who I talk to at home I get the same question... "What do you actually do all day?!" Before I left all anyone knew was that I was working at an attraction, which seems self explanatory. You would think that saying "I work at The Seas with Nemo and Friends would be a sufficient answer, that someone would piece together that there is a ride there and that I help to operate the ride all day long. But, it isn't that simple. Bear with me here, all my "Nemo terms" are going to have to be explained so this post could end up being rather lengthy, which is not my intention. Here we go, a day in the life.... (my first official day, on my own) Woke up at 7am to be ready for a 7:40 bus. Should I have been up earlier? Yes. Did the previous days 5:15am wake up call keep me in bed longer than I wanted? Yes. But, made the bus. Take the bus to Epcot Cast Center (backstage Epcot - anything that guests can see is considered on stage, so everything you cant see/ge

Decisions.

Some of the toughest decisions are those where we have to decide if we should stay or walk away from a situation. It's never an easy decision to make, but sometimes it's the best thing for you. After my junior year of NCAA soccer I was faced with decision of whether or not I wanted to continue my career. After two solid seasons in the net I found myself on the bench my entire jr year until the very last game, which was ultimately more of a slap in the face than anything. Like "hey we aren't going to make tournament unless we win this game against the best team in the conference who also happens to be top 10 in the nation. No pressure." I was disappointed in myself after that game, and hung my head ashamed that I didn't make a difference that season. I beat myself up all season long about not being on the field. I felt guilty after a loss, but I wasn't even the one on the field. But that's where I had to stop myself. I couldn't throw a pity party,

Birthdays

I'm really good at stirring the pot. Really good. So... grab your coffee/beer/wine/water/apple juice... whatever the H E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS you want to fill your cup with, buckle up, and enjoy the ride. Last week we celebrated Christian's first birthday. Notice I said celebrated. I did not say mourned, forgot, overlooked, disregarded, or neglected. We did not ignore that we have a brother/son. We lite candles and hung the star lights from his nursery on the porch the night before his birthday and the day of we took him balloons and spent the day together. Had his physical presence been her with us we would have celebrated the exact same way. Celebrated. Together. Being a newb (newbie) to this whole baby brother in heaven thing, I didn't know what to expect for his first birthday. Would people acknowledge that it was the day he was born? Or would they continue to overlook that I have a brother. Now, let me explain. The past year has been full of saying CJ's name. A