Skip to main content

Happy Easter!

If someone showed you a picture of Celine Dion would you be able to recognize it was her? More than likely if you are from a younger generation you wouldn't be able to. But if someone played one of her songs, you could probably guess it was her. If she walked right past you in Disney World you probably would have missed her too. Like a normal person, walking right at me, was Celine Dion. How I realized it was her is beyond me. I didn't believe it was her until I went upstairs and asked if she was in the building. Didn't exchange any words, but a sighting is good enough. How many people can say they saw Celine Dion while they were at work?

Kids continue to say the strangest things.... In a Turtle Talk show (of course, where else would such a story come from?) a little girl asked Crush if he was going to eat one of his friends which one would he pick. Morbid. What child thinks of this? Crush of course said none because fish are friends not food, and then asked the same question to the little girl. Probably not his brightest idea because the little girl responded that she would eat his son, Squirt. The awkward laughter that was in the theater was soon gone. It was silent. Probable the most awkward show I have ever been apart of.

In other news.... this weekend is Easter. It's the first time I haven't celebrated a holiday with my family. Even though we may not have "celebrated" Easter this year if we were all together, there would be all five of us around the table for dinner, I can almost promise that. It's weird to be here and have no plans, no plans with family I guess. I took myself to mass this morning and for a little while forget that I had nothing else to do. Mass was beautiful as it always is on Easter. The rest of the day consists of movies on the couch and hamburgers and pasta salad for dinner.

I've learned a lot about myself since I have been here. The one thing that sticks out in my head the most is my faith. I went to a Catholic HS and was brought up in the Catholic Church, I've completed 4 of the 7 holy sacraments. But after last summer... I wanted nothing to do with the Church. I struggled to understand why God plans were what they were. I was angry. It took me having to go to a church service for school (all athlete gathering), crying and realizing I was missing that part of my life for me to want to go back. I don't know what spoke to me that day, but something touched my heart and led me back to the Catholic Church. Since I've been in FL, the Church has been my safe place. I know I can go there Sundays and feel like home when I'm 1,173 miles away. My faith is what keeps me grounded. Trust me, I'm no saint. But having my faith to fall back on at the end of a really crappy day is better than having nothing at all.

To you and yours, I wish you a very happy Easter. I hope you truly remember what today is about. HE IS RISEN! Happy Easter!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"What do you actually do all day?!"

No matter who I talk to at home I get the same question... "What do you actually do all day?!" Before I left all anyone knew was that I was working at an attraction, which seems self explanatory. You would think that saying "I work at The Seas with Nemo and Friends would be a sufficient answer, that someone would piece together that there is a ride there and that I help to operate the ride all day long. But, it isn't that simple. Bear with me here, all my "Nemo terms" are going to have to be explained so this post could end up being rather lengthy, which is not my intention. Here we go, a day in the life.... (my first official day, on my own) Woke up at 7am to be ready for a 7:40 bus. Should I have been up earlier? Yes. Did the previous days 5:15am wake up call keep me in bed longer than I wanted? Yes. But, made the bus. Take the bus to Epcot Cast Center (backstage Epcot - anything that guests can see is considered on stage, so everything you cant see/ge

Decisions.

Some of the toughest decisions are those where we have to decide if we should stay or walk away from a situation. It's never an easy decision to make, but sometimes it's the best thing for you. After my junior year of NCAA soccer I was faced with decision of whether or not I wanted to continue my career. After two solid seasons in the net I found myself on the bench my entire jr year until the very last game, which was ultimately more of a slap in the face than anything. Like "hey we aren't going to make tournament unless we win this game against the best team in the conference who also happens to be top 10 in the nation. No pressure." I was disappointed in myself after that game, and hung my head ashamed that I didn't make a difference that season. I beat myself up all season long about not being on the field. I felt guilty after a loss, but I wasn't even the one on the field. But that's where I had to stop myself. I couldn't throw a pity party,

Birthdays

I'm really good at stirring the pot. Really good. So... grab your coffee/beer/wine/water/apple juice... whatever the H E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS you want to fill your cup with, buckle up, and enjoy the ride. Last week we celebrated Christian's first birthday. Notice I said celebrated. I did not say mourned, forgot, overlooked, disregarded, or neglected. We did not ignore that we have a brother/son. We lite candles and hung the star lights from his nursery on the porch the night before his birthday and the day of we took him balloons and spent the day together. Had his physical presence been her with us we would have celebrated the exact same way. Celebrated. Together. Being a newb (newbie) to this whole baby brother in heaven thing, I didn't know what to expect for his first birthday. Would people acknowledge that it was the day he was born? Or would they continue to overlook that I have a brother. Now, let me explain. The past year has been full of saying CJ's name. A